Thursday 13 August 2015

PILLOW IS MY COMPANION

I could vividly remember
I never needed a pillow
Untill you had another child mumma
Your lap, and sometimes your hand had been my pillow
I would hold your soft bag like stomach tightly.

In some time 
I found my new pillow
To engage in sweet fights
With my siblings
And to hide chocolates, hair clips 
And occationally my test papers 
Under its covers
Early morning to cover my ears
To stop ringing alarms.

As life changed 
I found a new pillow 
To hide my feelings 
Guilt, anger, happiness
All my desires.

Growing up made me find 
Another new pillow
My valentine's gift
A heart shaped pillow
And would spend hours
Staring the pillow
As if 
Holding it tight 
Wetting it with tears 
Would bring him back.

Again, the arrival of my new pillow
The most comfortable one
My husband's hand
Assuming it to be my last pillow
But time changes everything.

N now i m here
Lying on my bed
Passing my golden age
Diseased, helpless
I still have a pillow
To support my corpse's head.

No comments:

Post a Comment