Saturday 24 October 2015

BEING UNDERWATER

At the mid-caribbean
I was below the waterline of a ship
Being determined to touch land this day.

I was deep diving,
Lost in observation.

In euphotic depth,
I couldnot find any phytoplankton,
I saw corpse of a whale,
Provided an enormous feast for deep sea creatures.

My red swim suit appeared dark,
My white swim fin appeared blue,
I realized visible light has diminished,
And i am in the twilight zone
Floating, swirling, zooming shimmers of light,
Mesmerised me
Benefitting an anglerfish to find mates.

The coldness of water
Gave me an adrenaline rush
And i realized i am at a greater depth
I sat on a bluish cast pillow lava
And found animals navigating through sound.

And there, on the truncations of layers,
Overlapping, astonishing, mobile water layers,
I got into a different world,
I got into my destiny,
I got into my dream island.

14 comments: